Rutherford Robertson, P.A. 704-792-1011
Take advantage of the experience of Rutherford Robertson, P.A. so that you can make informed decisions as you close one chapter of your life and enter into the next.

North Carolina recognizes two types of Powers of Attorney:  Health Care Power of Attorney and Durable Power of Attorney.  Both are legal documents that allow you to designate a specific person to make decisions on your behalf once you become incapacitated or unable to communicate for yourself.

Health Care Power of Attorney:  The person you designate as your Health Care Power of Attorney will have the authority to make medical decisions on your behalf once you are incapacitated. That person can be a trusted family member, friend, or physician familiar with your medical history. You then should give a copy to your health care agent and to any alternates you name as well as to your primary physician. You should consider filing it with the Advance Health Care Directive Registry maintained by the North Carolina Secretary of State.

Durable Power of Attorney:  The person you designate as your Durable Power of Attorney will have the authority to make all financial, housing and any other necessary decisions on your behalf once you are incapacitated, excluding those related to healthcare, if there is a health care power of attorney. 

Incapacitation can be due to several things such as being in a coma, suffering from dementia or any other debilitating disease. Incapacitation can happen before you have had a chance to plan for it.   If you do not have Powers of Attorney prepared, please contact Rutherford Robertson, P.A. and schedule your confidential consultation today to have your individualized legal documents drafted.

related services are Wlls, and Guardianships

Rutherford Robertson represents family law clients throughout Concord, North Carolina, including the cities and areas of Kannapolis, China Grove, Harrisburg, Salisbury, Midland, Albemarle., and throughout Cabarrus County, NC, Rowan County, NC, & Stanley County, NC.

Recent Publications

Children in Custody Disputes, Do's And Dont's
Sometimes when parents are divorcing or are in a custody dispute they tend to lose sight of the important things with regard to their children's rights and sensitivities.
[Read More...]

The Process For An Uncontested Divorce
To get a divorce after the requisite one year of separation, you must file a Complaint and Civil Summons with the court, generally in the county you reside.
[Read More...]

Get in Touch

  • Phone:
    Ph:704-792-1011 / Fax:704-792-0901
  • Request Info:
    Submit An Email
  • Address:
    30 Church St S,
    Concord, NC 28025