Rutherford Robertson, P.A. 704-792-1011
Take advantage of the experience of Rutherford Robertson, P.A. so that you can make informed decisions as you close one chapter of your life and enter into the next.

Generally, the courts prefer to not terminate someone’s parental rights unless there is another person standing by to “fill” the shoes of that parent such as with a stepparent adoption.  If the biological parent whose rights we are seeking to terminate is not willing to waive his or her parental rights, we must then proceed with a hearing.  To terminate a parent’s rights, we must produce evidence demonstrating that the parent is unfit or unable to provide for or care for the child due to substance abuse, non-support, prison, mental illness, criminal activity, child abuse or neglect. 

For more information on termination of parental rights, please contact Rutherford Robertson, P.A. and schedule your confidential consultation today.

related services are Child Custody, Child Support

Recent Publications

Children in Custody Disputes, Do's And Dont's
Sometimes when parents are divorcing or are in a custody dispute they tend to lose sight of the important things with regard to their children's rights and sensitivities.
[Read More...]

The Process For An Uncontested Divorce
To get a divorce after the requisite one year of separation, you must file a Complaint and Civil Summons with the court, generally in the county you reside.
[Read More...]

Get in Touch

  • Phone:
    Ph:704-792-1011 / Fax:704-792-0901
  • Request Info:
    Submit An Email
  • Address:
    30 Church St S,
    Concord, NC 28025